Senior artist with 20+ years of game production experience.
Strong traditional art background.
Excellent eye for detail, color, form, lighting, and composition.
Solid understanding of production art processes and pipelines.
Driven to learn new techniques and push art fidelity.
Responsible mentoring of junior art team members.
Effectively collaborates with production team.
Strong work ethic, self motivated, passionate.
Unreal Engine - Strong modular kit-based architectural construction. Organics, foliage, and landscapes.
Maya - Strong production modeling and UV texture skill.
ZBrush - Strong production organic sculpting.
Substance Designer and Painter - Production experience strong understanding of PBR workflow.
Quixel Suite - Experienced photo PBR scans implementation for real-time engines.
Photoshop - Strong knowledge.
Boss Key Productions - Raleigh, NC
Sr. Environment Artist 2014 - Present
Lawbreakers FPS (PC,PS4)
- As a Sr. Environment Artist, I was responsible for large sections of our maps, from conceptual block out, to final polished state. My tasks ranged from organic and architectural world building, prop placement, modeling, materials, and texture creation.
- I was part of a small ambitious art team that aggressively set out to interpret, create, and implement a visually stunning, stylized, yet realistic, art style. With close design partnership, we created highly detailed and efficient levels that received AAA praise.
- I worked closely with external artists and outsourcing studios to attain high quality results and maintain time constraints.
Sony SOE - San Diego, CA
Sr. Environment Artist 2008 - 2014
Planetside 2 FPS, MMO (PC,PS4)
- As a Sr. Environment Artist I helped better our workflow, tools, and aesthetic standards. I closely collaborated with art, design, and engineering leadership to deliver stellar art and a fun game play experience.
- I took ownership of large scale environment assets and set a visual quality bar for the team to follow.
- Supervised small, art task driven teams and contributed to the development of junior artists.
The Agency MMOS (PC,PS3)
- As a Sr. Environment Artist, I produced high quality environments with tasks ranging from pre-visualization concepting, level layout, propping, textures, additional geometry, and lighting.
- Responsible for maintaining environment level team production tasks, quality level, artistic critique, asset creation techniques, and outsource management
ArenaNet - Bellevue, WA
Sr. Environment Artist 2006 - 2007
Guild Wars Nightfall MMO RPG (PC)
Guild Wars Eye of the North MMO RPG (PC)
- Created environment props including, concept, modeling, and texturing.
THQ - Kirkland, WA
Sr. Environment Artist 2004 - 2006
Evil Dead Regeneration (Xbox, PS2, PC)
- Took ownership of environment levels including, pre-visualization concepting, level layout, propping, textures, geometry, and lighting.
- Pre-visual development including, environment and game prototype concepting.
Beep Industries - Kirkland, WA
Sr. Environment Artist 2001 - 2003
Voodoo Vince (Xbox)
- Created whimsical platform environments including, modeling, texturing, level layout, and lighting.
Humongous Entertainment - Bothell, WA
Environment Artist 2000 - 2001
Backyard Basketball (PC)
Cavedog Entertainment - Bothell, WA
2D/3D Artist 1998 - 2000
Amen (PC, Unreleased)
Elysium (PC, Unreleased)
Lobotomy Software - Redmond, WA
2D Artist 1995 - 1998
Powerslave (PC, Saturn, Playstation)
Duke Nukem (Saturn)
Apogee Software West - Redmond, WA
2D Artist 1994 - 1994
Art Center College of Design - Pasadena, CA
Illustration Major, Graduated with a BFA
Cornish College of the Arts - Seattle, WA
Fine Arts Major